Google Plus (Google+) is a social media platform owned by Google. Some people may be dubious about using this platform because Google owns it. They shouldn’t be. That’s because using Google Tools always helps to achieve higher Google Search Rankings for your keywords. This applies to websites and blogs too.
One of the great and unique aspects of Google+ is the wonders it can do for your website’s search engine optimisation (SEO). Traditional SEO methods still have a place in marketing but, increasingly, search engines are taking into consideration the social signals you emit and receive as a way of ranking your website. This is especially true in the case of Google+. Here’s why…
Engagement – i.e. interactions on your content inside G+ (+1’s, comments and shares) tell Google that this particular bit of content is good, and therefore should be ranked well. For example, I publish an article on my blog and then share it on Google+. The engagement on that post in Google+ will give that article positive SEO ‘juice’. Increasing the likelihood it will rank higher in Google’s search engine rankings. Furthermore, if people in your Google+ Circles recommend a website or article through their interactions on Google+, this will rank higher in your Google search results.
Every time you are mentioned on Google+, e.g ‘+Daniel Banks’, this creates a link from the person mentioning you back to your profile. There is also a link section in your Google+ personal profile (shown below) in which you can state which websites or blogs you contribute to. By telling Google that you are the author of this content it will also create a back-link from that website or blog to your Google+ profile. All of this contributes to giving your blog/website an SEO boost.
SEO Links on Google+
Authorship is the flagship of Google’s social media and SEO crossover strategy. By adding authorship to your website through the use of Google+ you’ll not only receive an SEO boost, but your picture will appear on the search engine results page, increasing the likelihood that people will click through to your site (see below).
Perhaps the hardest part of Google+ to master is Authority, but it might also be the most fruitful opportunity. Essentially, Authority is the act of telling Google that you and your content deserves to be ranked highly because of your online reputation. Authority is based on the number of interactions your profile and content receives, the number of people who have you in their Google+ Circles, and how frequently you use Google+. Becoming an authority isn’t easy and it certainly takes time, but if you achieve it then the marketing rewards could be significant.
WHY USE GOOGLE PLUS: 10 IMPLACABLE REASONS :
1. G+ isn’t a space for temporary, limited, 140 characters updates like on Twitter. And its not for meeting up with people like on Facebook. What makes it different is that Google Plus is promoted by the biggest technology platform on the planet. And that, my friends, should be taken advantage of, because what happens on G+, you know will be prioritized by Google.
2. Because in only a year and a half it grew exponentially and established itself as the second biggest social network in the world. And guess what? You have the chance to be part of this new experience, one which sooner or later EVERYBODY will be part of. Remember Twitter’s story? At the beginning, no one was sure about how to use it or why to use it. But, the brands that got there first got the best part of the deal.
3. Because everything you post on G+ is immediately indexed by Google. Thus, influencing search engine results positively. We know this is huge for companies and professionals, because the websites that appear on the first page of Google, and especially in the first few positions, get 54.8% of all clicks from users, according to a study by Optify.
4. Because entering the world of Google Plus means having a lot of resources in one single place: Hangouts, Communities, Youtube, Google, Gmail, Google Maps and other dozens of products. Each of these was created to benefit and optimize your marketing strategy and take your brand even further.
5. Because Google is offering us an innovative way to relate to the world in general, and especially to OUR world. Through the personalization of Google’s search engine, they give you the opportunity to find specific information related and adjusted to your interests, preferences, and to those of your social environment (G+).
GOOGLE MAS TU MUNDOIt’s so amazing because it combines information, people, and context. Thus, if you manage to join this “new world” and can utilize this “new way” of finding and relating to people before it becomes a common thing, your brand will show up in the searches of thousands of users that are already in your circle. And, let’s be honest, that’d be more than AWESOME.
6. The +1 button allows people to establish what’s trendy, beyond those robotic algorithms that rank a website. According to Hubspot after analyzing more than 5 thousand websites it was revealed that the sites that use the “+1” button get 3.5 x more visits on Google+.
BOTON 35 VISITAS
7. Because you can add authorship to your content. What’s that? Well, in a few words and in order to make it simpler, this puts your profile picture next to your content in Google search results. It also allows you to build up your status and foster trust among users, thus affecting the amount of clicks you get, the traffic, and the visit volume. There are just too many benefits to count!
MARCA DE AUTORIA
8. Because your brand can participate in different communities, (which can’t be done on other social networks).This means you don’t have to sit around waiting for users to wind up on your page, instead, your brand can go around the world actively connecting with people. On G+ it’s easy to connect with prospective customers by finding them in groups that share the same interests as your brand. This is just one example and the strategy can actually go much much beyond that.
9. Because you have a great resource for connecting with your customers and your audience in a totally new and unique way FREE OF CHARGE. Check it out:
HANG OUT ON AIR LOGO
Hangouts on Air (HOA) offers an excellent opportunity to get closer to your users by means of live demonstrations, debates, and online conferences (uploaded automatically to Youtube). Anything from displaying how your new application works, gathering French cuisine lovers, cooking a recipe online, to performing a live demonstration of a product can be “broadcasted” and watched live or later. You can take full advantage of HOA in so many ways that work for your brand or business.
10. Because you can be the place where your customers want to be.
GOOGLE PLUS LOCAL